Quilters' Guild of South Australia Inc Scholarships will be announced at the next AGM in May 2017.
Scholarship Applications must be received by 1 April 2017
1. Scholarships, to a total value of $2,500, are awarded annually.
2. Moneys for the scholarships are to come from interest accrued annually on funds invested.
3. Scholarships will be for an individual quilter.
4. In some instances more than one scholarship may be offered, provided the total of all scholarships any one year does not exceed $2,500.
5. Scholarship recipients must be and have been financial members of the Guild for a minimum of 3 years. Individuals belonging to groups which are affiliated members are not eligible unless they are members in their own right.
6. The aim of the scholarships is to further the quilting knowledge and expertise of the individual and hence the aims of the Guild, by assisting with expenses for one or more of the following:
- learning or research;
- promotion of skills, eg, publication, exhibition, lecture tour;
- participation in an overseas educational tour.
7. Scholarship recipients will be expected to share any knowledge or skills gained with other quilters and/or the community at large.
8.Scholarship recipients will be announced at the Annual General Meeting in May 2017.
9. Scholarship recipients will be decided by the Executive Committee or their nominees, and their decisions will be final.
10. If it is considered that no application of merit has been submitted, no scholarships will be awarded.
11. A written report should be submitted to the Guild Executive Committee, suitable for publication in Patches, at the end of the project.
12. For enquiries and application forms contact
Vicki Hart firstname.lastname@example.org